This is one of those pages where the darkness of the writing doesn’t really hit me until I get to the illustration phase. We had some technical difficulties last night, so CoLD didn’t happen. I -think- I’ve sorted them out… we’ll see next week.
Here is the result of that blue-line experiment I told you about last week… First the black and white line art…
And here’s the side-by-side comparison with final and the “control”.
I’ve never drawn Mae at this age, so I did a quick warm-up (pencils 3.5 x 5.5)… then last night I felt like practicing brush only line art. If you like this kind of thing, you can see a lot more of it over at my Patreon.
…I’m playing with my process. What you see here is a render of our new villains who appeared at the end of Chapter 2. On the left is the original pencils converted to blue-line. On the right is the final version using my current process. I will now begin re-inking this using print-outs of the blue-line to play around with technique… I’m very curious to see what I learn doing this.